With 2014 on its way out the door, we wanted to say thank you for an amazing year. We have had so much fun experiencing so many wonderful parts of the city with all of you. All in all, we toured 18 amazing new design destinations–from the gorgeous new gardens at the Natural History Museum to The Elsyian and Unique Space. And, to top it all off, we culminated a year of urban discovery and our NEA-supported Making LA series with the Making LA Conference (and our Making LA video!). It’s been one wild ride and we are forever grateful to all of our supporters, speakers and sponsors.
Over the years, our de LaB family has blossomed into a thriving community and we could not have done it without your support. (And if you want to support us with an end-of-year charitable donation, click here!) Otherwise, here’s a look back at everything we did in 2014…
- January: Making LA: Deborah Sussman Loves Los Angeles and Unique Space Tour
- February: Man About Modernism and Making LA: Market Makeovers
- March: Exploring Sycamore Grove
- April: Koreatown Walking Tour and Making LA: Wildflowering L.A. Tour and Making LA: Potrero Heights Park Community Center Tour
- May: de LaB Home Tour: Architects at Home
- June: No Further West: The Story of Union Station and Design-n-Dim Sum Bike Tour
- July: New Downtown Retail Walk and Making LA: Bethlehem Baptist Church Tour
- August: Making LA: Nature Gardens Tour at NHM and The Elysian Tour
- September: Afternoon at the Frog Spot
- October: Making LA: Broadway Dress Rehearsal Walking Tour and Making LA: Wilshire Boulevard Temple
- November: Making LA Conference
We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and New Years. We are looking forward to way lies ahead in 2015. Speaking of which, we’ll have more information about our upcoming visits to The Springs with Design, Bitches in January and Modernism Week in February soon.