Fellow de LaBbers—we need your help!
We’ve submitted a proposal to the Goldhirsh Foundation’s ambitious My LA2050 initiative, a program that plans to give away 10 $100,000 grants to local organizations and projects that will shape the future of LA. The initiative looks at the health of this city across eight key indicators: arts & cultural vitality, education, environmental quality, health, housing, income & employment, public safety and social connectedness. Our project Making LA, can be found under the arts & cultural vitality indicator.
A grant from the Goldhirsh Foundation would allow us to continue to offer amazing design programming through the next year. Making LA, a special event series, would feature ten important and inspiring projects located across the east side of Los Angeles (maybe you!). Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from the designers, architects, and artists who completed and/or fostered these projects. The series will culminate with the Making LA Conference, a one-day conference hosted on the east side of LA that features local creatives instructing attendees on the elusive act of implementation for socially focused design ideas.
Angelenos are a creative bunch—we want to enable and empower all creatives and help them implement their vision for the city of the future!
But we need YOUR help to make this a reality. We need to be listed in the top 10 here to even be considered for a grant, so please vote for us! Voting opens April 2nd at noon and runs until April 17th at noon. Tell your friends, your family, help us spread the word!
We’ve always been humbled by the generosity and enthusiasm of our fellow de LaBbers—we can’t thank you enough for the support you’ve shown us as we grew from a small group of design nerds to an official non-profit with more than 3,000 dedicated de LaBbers.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Here’s how to vote:
- Visit our project page at http://myla2050.maker.good.is/projects/delab
- Click VOTE
- Log in with your GOOD account. If you don’t already have one, you’ll need to create one. It’s free and all you need is an email or Facebook account. You’ll be emailed a link to verify your address.
- Once you’ve voted, you’ll see a verification on the top of the page that your vote has been counted. You can only vote once, however, you can change your vote if you’ve already voted: simply click vote on the project you want to vote for, and you’ll be asked if you want to change your vote.
- Post a link to our project page on your Facebook page or send a Tweet with a link to our project page. Here are some examples you’re free to use:
I voted for @de_LaB’s #MakingLA in @LA2050 because I support creatives working to make a better Los Angeles. http://myla2050.maker.good.is/projects/delab
Vote for @de_LaB’s #MakingLA vision for @LA2050 and support free design events in Los Angeles! http://myla2050.maker.good.is/projects/delab
- Email your contacts to encourage them to vote. Feel free to copy this entire blog post, or forward our recent email newsletter.
- Add a comment under the project description adding why you support Making LA, it helps give us more visibility on the site!
Thank you again!