The 6th annual LA Design Festival kicks off this week! Check out our top picks for some of the design events we’re marking on our calendars. Use this special de LaB discount to get $5 off any LA Design Festival events (neighborhood and restaurant tours and house calls). (use de LaB code LADF16VIP):
- LA Design Festival Opening Night Party – June 9, 8-11pm
This year’s festivities will kick off with a late night celebration of creative talent in DTLA, featuring libations by Wine Rave and First Avenue Vodka, music by dublab, custom confections by MAST Brothers, performance by No)one. Art House, and more.
- Salon Series: Art Meets Design – June 11, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Modern Resale hosts the first-ever Salon Series at LADF that will explore what role the interior designer and/or consumer plays in the balance; how interior designers add another level of authorship; and how we navigate and stratify these vibrant cultural expressions. You don’t want to miss this amazing panel moderated by Abigail Stone alongside speakers Delta Wright, Maryna Hrushetska and Francis Jens Spitta.
- The (L.A.) Mothers of Us All – June 22, 7pm
Some the world’s most powerful global graphic design influences happen to be women who resided and worked in Los Angeles. These are our graphic design mothers who helped shape the field and gave birth to rebellious design invention. Join moderator Louise Sandhaus for a conversation with and about these gals who are the heart that continues to beat for women and for design today. RSVP here.
- Reclaimed: Sustainability & Design Panel with Box Collective – June 19, 11am
Members of the Los Angeles-based Box Collective discuss current and emerging practices around sustainable furniture design. This program is presented in conjunction with the exhibition Windfall by Box Collective at the Craft and Folk Art Museum. Space is limited. RSVP required: firstname.lastname@example.org
- INTRO/LA – June 24-26
INTRO/LA returns to LA Design Festival for a second year, providing an alternative experience to the standard design trade show environment by integrating a series of design installations into one cohesive exhibit. Swing by the historic Mack Sennett studios in Silver Lake and check out the impressive line up of designers, including Brendan Ravenhill Studio, WAKA WAKA, wrk-shp studio, Tom Dixon, A+R, and more. Details here.
- TURF Tournament – June 26, 5pm
Don’t miss out on an afternoon of playful rivalry, tasty food, and summer cocktails! Hosted by LA Design Festival and Materials & Applications, the tournament will feature a competitive play-off between sponsoring Los Angeles architecture and design offices in M&A’s pop-up mini-golf course east of Los Angeles River. The mini-golf course features architectural obstacles designed by nine local and international teams Besler & Sons, G!LL!S, HeyDay, Knowhow Shop, Kyle May, Endemic, Ordinary Architecture, TAG-LA and more. Grab some friends and colleagues and sign up your team here.