Since our inception in 2008, de LaB has inspired and educated thousands of architects, designers, design enthusiasts and members of the general public through a diverse range of programs (more than 200 programs!). Our signature monthly events include behind-the-scenes tours, neighborhood walking adventures, bike rides, exhibitions, underground explorations, lectures, DIY workshops, classes, and much, much more.
Without community support, we wouldn’t be able to do the work we do, helping to connect creatives to this amazing city that we all call home. We rely on the generous spirit of those who collaborate with us to make our programs as dynamic and exciting as possible. We also rely on community and corporate sponsors who are interested in supporting our monthly programs to help us reach our goals as an organization.
We’re currently looking for support at the following two levels:
Become a Making LA Sponsor
de LaB is currently hosting a unique programming series entitled Making LA, which is made possible by support from the National Endowment for the Arts. Making LA will consist of ten free programs hosted throughout Los Angeles between fall 2013 and fall 2014. The series will culminate in the Making LA Conference in fall 2014. We are looking for creative individuals and businesses to help us make the series and the conference as enriching and valuable as possible.
Become an Annual Sponsor
Los Angeles is home to an endless supply of creative capital and with your support we can tap it together. Each month, de LaB hosts two events that target a diverse and engaged audience of east siders, west siders, and those from across greater Los Angeles. We are looking for creative individuals and businesses to help us reach our annual programming goals.
Are you interested in supporting de LaB? Contact Erin Cullerton and Haily Zaki at firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details.
Hear what our current supporters are saying…
- “de LaB continues to find ways to cultivate and curate community and conversation about Los Angeles and the way is it evolving. Their reach expands across disciplines, genres, and neighborhoods to truly embrace our constantly evolving, multi-dimensional city.”
—Michael Maltzan, Michael Maltzan Architecture
- “de LaB provides an innovative approach for discovering and exploring neighborhoods east of La Brea as if they were “new territories” by actually visiting and walking through them. Imagine, city and cultural information without political overtones!”
—Merry Norris, Hon. AIA | LA, Merry Norris Contemporary Art
- “de LaB is a sensational organization. It has fundamentally improved my relationship with Los Angeles, exposing me to a wealth of talent and treasures all over the city. The group not only fosters a love of design and architecture, but a love of the city that nurtures it.”
—Sam Lubell, Editor in Chief, The Architects Newspaper West
- “de Lab is a new and innovative platform connecting people to the design community at large. They host some seriously fun programs!”
—Mia Lehrer, Mia Lehrer + Associate Landscape Architecture
- “de LaB (or design east of La Brea) is made up of four hosts – Haily Zaki, Alissa Walker, Marissa Gluck and Erin Cullerton – who dream up, organize and preside over brilliant design events around the East Side of Los Angeles, from Design-N-Dim Sum to the Subway Terminal Building tour. The women of de LaB like to joke that cocktails are the fuel that keeps their educational design nonprofit running. But just like buying another round, the group’s lively events, studio tours and boots-on-the-ground neighborhood explorations are things that are possible only in person.”
—California Home + Design, Fall 2013